Last updated: September 8, 2008
July 7, 2003
This information is typed as it appears in the document. The graves below have been entered in the Cemetery Records on this website.
PRAIRIE VIEW CEMETERY
GRAVE PLOT #29 - BUFFINGTON
1. BUFFINGTON - Henry C. bn. 13 Jul 1847 died 18 June 1933
father - Andrew C. Buffington bn N.Y.
mother - Finnie Makepeace bn. Wisc.
2. Linnie E. his wife/ 1852-1920
GRAVE PLOT #43 - DIECKMAN
1. Father/ Herman Dieckman/1867-1943
2. Baby Brown/1922
3. Mother/Marie Dieckman/1875-1921
GRAVE PLOT #44 - CAPAROON
John Caparoon/ died March 6, 1920
GRAVE PLOT #45 - DIELEMAN
DIELMAN (large stone)
1. Twins: Arthur Earl 1907-1917
Aaron Carl 1907-1917
2. Dillie - 1884-1917
this plot has cornerstones.
GRAVE PLOT #46 - KECHTER
unmarked: info from Hoffman Mort. - Douglas, Wyo.
Harold Richard Kechter
bn Hastings, Nebr. abt 1902
died 1 Aug 1914 12 yrs. 16 days.
father - Jacob Kechter bn Russia
mother - Ellis Ruber bn Russia.
50 Years Ago
August 19, 1926
Harold, 13-year old son of Jacob Ketcher, living three miles north of Shawnee, met a violent end Tuesday evening when he was dragged to death by a horse. How the accident occurred is not known.
GRAVE PLOT #47 - MORAVA
Edward E. Morava/Wyo./Pvt. Coast Art. Corp./Nov. 3, 1918 Military Stone
GRAVE PLOT #48 - SHEPARD
unmarked. Prob. grave of Royal B. Shepard
bn 23 June 1855 Lawerence Co. N.Y.
d. 20 Feb 1919 Lost Sprgs, Wyo.
Funeral at Prairie View.
Source: Obit. LOST SPRINGS TIMES 27 Feb 1919 p. 8 col 4
GRAVE PLOT #63-PETERSON
"Gone but not Forgotten" PETERSON/Cordie E. Valentine.
14 Febr. 1907/22 Apr 1922
GRAVE PLOT #64-PURCELL
(Woodman of the World Marker) Robin Samuel Purcell/
1 Aug. 1870/21 Jul 1919
Father-William bn. Ken.
mother - Elizabeth Stark bn Ken.
Source: Hoffman Mort-Douglas.
Fell into grain elevator at Shawnee according to Ralph Pickenpaugh.
GRAVE PLOT #65-WELCH
Darnel/Son of G. L. and Laura/13 Aug 1909/18 Mar 1918/WELCH.
GRAVE PLOT #66-McKIBBEN
2. Augustus DeForest/8 May 1843/6 Sept 1914
3. Galbraith/M. Bernice/1914-15 (Metal marker)
PRAIRIE VIEW CEMETERY
GRAVE PLOT #67 - CRABB
1. (white marble military marker) Floyd Herbert CRABB/Sgt. U.S. Army/WWII/March 27, 1928/Nov. 2, 1968
2. (just behind and south of above - Infant of Floyd and Lena Crabb-Footstone marked "babe".
GRAVE PLOT #68 - SPELLMAN
SPELLMAN/Florence L. June 28, 1913-7 Dec 1918
Walter A. Oct. 5, 1916-8 Dec 1918
GRAVE PLOT #69 - TINKS
1. Metal Marker - Weldon H. Sullivan 1922-1925
2. Milford G. Sullivan 1927-1927
3. Metal Marker - "Tinks"
4. Metal Marker - "Tinks"
GRAVE PLOT #84 - unknown
GRAVE PLOT #85 - SEEQUIST
Mother/Lola Holmes Seequist/1893-1918
GRAVE PLOT #86 - WHITTAKER
GRAVE PLOT #87 - BARR
BARR - headstone. smaller stones as follows:
1. Niles Wilson 1917-1927
2. Margaret L. bn 13 Nov 1866 d. 28 Jan 1928 dau. of G.L. Barr bn Danville, Ohio mother bn Danville Ohio - Hoffman Mort. - Doug.
3. Elizabeth - 1848-1916
4. Gilbert bn 15 Mar 1843 Danville, Ohio d. 20 Dec 1927. father - Mathis bn Virginia mother - Eliz. Runyon bn Danville, Ohio - Hoffman Mort.
5. Elsie P. 1992-1916
GRAVE PLOT #88 - STOCK
unmarked - this may be the Moss child mentioned earlier that was moved to Douglas too.
GRAVE PLOT #90 - GARHART
1. Mrs. C. D. Garhart (Bertha Mae) died 1920; bn 23 Jun 1889 (Jun 1889 is scratched out, difficult to read, and may not be accurate); and died 29 June 1920 father-Lon Bates. Mother - Luella. (killed by lightning according to Ralph Pickenpaugh)
2. Charles D. Garhart died July 5, 1935 (fell from wagon according to R. Pickenpaugh)
GRAVE PLOT #106 - McGREW
Mother/ Julia McGrew/ 15 Aug 1881/ 9 Aug 1929
GRAVE PLOT #110 - GARHART
1. Carl Wayne Garhart/ inf. son of Mr. and Mrs. Floyd/ Garhart 1940 1941
2. Inf. son of Mr. and Mrs. Vern Garhart 1941
Also included in documents is a legal document signed on September 17, 1938, by John B. Barnes Jr., authorizing William W. Dieleman and Judson P. Watson to "provide, hold, own, maintain and keep in repair a place or places of burial for the dead and to borrow money, execute notes, deed, contracts and mortgages pursuant to the maintenance of such cemetery or cemeteries;"...
There is also a Key to Plot list and a map of plot locations and grave diagram. Both of these documents contain a legal description of the cemetery location.
Type your search terms into the box below and his 'Search!' to begin searching the