Frank Viele, druggist in Harrison since 1926, died last Thursday at Chadron following a long illness.
Funeral services were held Sunday afternoon from Memorial Methodist Church in Harrison with the Rev. J. Lee Gorman officiating. Mrs. Robert Todd was organist providing special selections throughout the entire service.
Pallbearers were Joe Whiteaker, Charles Mumby, John C. Marsteller, Morris Engebretsen, Bill Coffee and Otto Krekeler. Burial was in the Harrison Cemetery.
Francis D. Viele, son of Leonard and Bertha Ann Viele, was born May 13, 1899 at Sloan, Iowa. In 1902 the family moved to Winnebago, Nebr., where he grew to young manhood and first became interested in pharmacy as a career. He graduated from the College of Pharmacy of the University of Nebraska in 1923 becoming a registered pharmacist which profession he followed the rest of his life.
He was married to Bernice Clayton December 25, 1923, in Sioux City, Iowa. They came to Harrison in April 1926. Since that time Harrison has been the family home with the exception of four years, 1936 to 1940, when they resided in Lusk, Wyo., operating drug stores in Wyoming as well as the home store in Harrison.
Ill health caused him to retire completely from his profession three years ago. He was a member of the Memorial Methodist Church of Harrison. He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge and Order of Eastern Star of Harrison.
He is survived by his wife Bernice; a son Don, his wife Jean and their three daughters Joyce, Gail, and Diane; by a daughter, Cherie Brown, her husband, Roy and their son Roy 3rd; by a brother Roy D. of Crawford; and by a sister Mrs. Neva Nevins of Seattle, Wash; and by a very dear Aunt, Mrs. Elena Leamer of South Sioux City, Nebraska.
Relatives from out of town attending were: Don Viele of Seattle, Mr. Roy Viele of Crawford, Mrs. Elena Leamer, Wilbur Leamer and Mr. and Mrs. Maurice Leamer of South Sioux City. Dr and Mrs. Roy Brown and son Roy, presently in Europe, were unable to attend. Dr. Brown, a captain in the Navy, is on tour of duty.
This gravestone photo was found on nebraskagravestones.org