Last updated: January 8, 2008
January 8, 2009
The Historic Appliquéd Quilt was created in 2001 by the Bag Ladies of Lusk, who each contributed blocks to the project. Members included Wanda Lorenzen, Dorthy Lohr, Edith Culver, Wyoma Hales, Nadine Johnson, Evelyn Perry, Marilyn Cockreham and Zola Bolin. The Quilting was done by Dorothy Shimp of Torrington. The squares, which are included in this website as separate historical articles, include from top:
Row 1: Russell Thorp Stagecoach (now in Museum) The Northwestern Hotel Lusk Depot Northwestern Train and Water Tower Ranger Hotel -- Row 2: Wyoming National Guard Armory (now Stagecoach Museum) Dells Yellow Hotel Niobrara County Carnegie Library Congregational Church (now the First Baptist Church) Saloon (Generic) -- Row 3: Silver Cliff Hotel Outhouse (Generic) Lusk High School 1910 (Grade School, now Elks) Tri-State Milling Company St. Georges Episcopal Church Row 4: Old Masonic Temple Lusk High School Gerald Bardo House Henry Hotel (now Hospitality House) Great Western Milling & Mining Row 5: Salverson Blacksmith C & H Refinery Frank Lusk House (now Mortuary) Royal Apartments J. L. Hall Lumber Company Row 6: The Big Ironclad at Silver Cliff (only building, with tents) Lusk Free Lance Niobrara County Courthouse and Jail H. C. Snyder Mercantile Store Catholic Church (now Niobrara Southern Baptist).
Type your search terms into the box below and his 'Search!' to begin searching the