Post Office: Manville Wyoming
The Manville News, November 7, 1918
The Post Office was established April 6, 1887 in Manville, Laramie county, Territory of Wyoming with John A. Sheffer postmaster, in his home which was on the corner across the street south of the new bank building. In April 1889, Thomas G. Wilson, a brother of our townsman L.D. Wilson, was appointed postmaster and the office was moved to a building which stood near the railroad tracks just a short distance from the present site of the Manville Supply warehouse. The next postmaster, W.A. Orme, took charge of the office in October 1890 in the house now owned by Mrs. Anderson. In 1893 Mrs. M.C. Shipley was appointed to the office and took charge in November. In the summer of 1894 B.F. Shipley, assistant postmaster, moved the office into the store of Manorgan and McReynolds, where he kept it until his removal to Arkansas in the winter of 1894, at which time Albert Manorgan took charge of the office and has had continuous charge of it ever since.