Quilt Squares - Henry Hotel
The Henry Hotel was recreated as a quilt square by The Bag Ladies for their Historic Quilt in 2001.
In 1917, Mrs. Lena Henry built the modern three-story Henry Hotel on second and Main. At one time Mr. and Mrs. Glen L. Cates operated the hotel.
Dr. Walter E. Reckling purchased the hotel about 1941 with money loaned to him by Blanche Spencer. Dr. Reckling was an excellent physician, and very active as a community organizer. One of his outstanding promotions was "The Legend of Rawhide," which was begun in 1946, and has been presented every year except between 1966-1985. The building is now the Hospitality House owned by Leroy and Berry Redfield.
Images & Attachments
|Henry, Lena (08/13/1857 - 03/15/1945)