Quilt Squares - Frank Lusk House
Frank Lusk House was recreated as a quilt square by The Bag Ladies for their Historic Quilt in 2001.
The first house in Lusk was a little cabin, built in 1886 for Frank Lusk, a contractor, and his family. Mr. Lusk and his mother, Mrs. Cornelia Lusk, donated land and gave much help in laying out the town blocks and streets. The cabin was later replaced by a two-story brick house, considered very modern for those times.
George Earl Peet purchased the home for use as a mortuary in the early '30's. When Peet passed away in 1968, Walther and Gladys Doctor purchased and ran the mortuary until 1991. At that time Robert (Butch) Bader purchased it and renamed the building Bader Funeral Home. In 1999, the building took on a new look when purchased by Bill Cicmanec and Pete Pier. the building then received the name of Cicmanec-Pier Funeral Home.