Historical Details

Quilt Squares - St. Leo's Catholic Church

Courtesy of Library Archives, 01/09/2024

St. Leo's Catholic Church was recreated as a quilt square by The Bag Ladies for their Historic Quilt in 2001.

Construction of St. Leo's Catholic Church, at Fourth and Pine, was begun in 1905 and completed in 1912. The beautiful stone walls took longer. Stones were hauled by horse and wagon from the mountains and limited to only 3 loads per year. The stone work was finally finished in 1929. A larger St. Leo's was built and, for a time, the Seventh Day Adventists occupied the old church. It is now the home of the Southern Baptists.

Images & Attachments



Related/Linked Records

Record Type Name
Historical St. Leo's Catholic Church Dedicated View Record