Thomas H. York
Tommy York of Shawnee is Electrocuted While Moving House at Orin, Monday
Tommy York, 21, of Shawnee, was instantly killed by coming in contact with a high voltage electric wire at Orin Junction, about 4:00 o'clock on Monday afternoon.
York and Bill Miller were moving a house, York being on the roof of the house, which was being moved on a truck. As they attempted to pass under an electric wire carrying 6900 volts, York started to move the line so the house would clear, and was instantly electrocuted.
He was badly burned about the limbs and body. The wire was a feeder line to the Northwestern railroad pumps at Orin.
York is the son-in-law of Wm. Davies, who operates a store at Lost Springs, and is well known in Lusk. He is survived by his widow, formerly Miss Marion Davies of Lost Springs. Funeral services were held from the Baptist Church in Douglas at 2:30 o'clock Thursday afternoon.
Thomas H. York was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry York of Shawnee. He was born at Shawnee October 15, 1914, and lived in that community all his life. Besides his parents he is survived by his wife; two brothers, Walter and Paul; and a sister, Evelyn.
Images & Attachments
|Obituary||York, Henry (12/25/1880 - 06/18/1952)||View Record|