Quilt Squares - Wyoming National Guard Armory
Wyoming National Guard Armory was recreated as a quilt square by The Bag Ladies for their Historic Quilt in 2001.
In 1927, the State of Wyoming National Guard purchased a lot on South Main from the American Legion. They erected the National Guard Armory on this site and dedicated it in the memory of the "boys" both living and dead. The building had meeting rooms downstairs and a dance hall upstairs. The Guard folded in 1968. In 1970, the Stagecoach Museum moved into the building with a rent charge of $1 a year. They no longer pay rent, so it is assumed they own the building, however no record exists for a deed.
Images & Attachments
|Armory Costing $15,000 To Be Built Here In Near Future