Historical Details

Quilt Squares - Lusk High School, 1910

Courtesy of Library Archives, 01/08/2024

Lusk High School was recreated as a quilt square by The Bag Ladies for their Historic Quilt in 2001.

In 1910, Lusk had outgrown their 2 room school located where the jail and courthouse now sit. An eight room brick school was erected on the corner of Main and Sixth. Initially the basement and first floor only were completed, leaving the second story unfinished until later. The building now houses the Elks Lodge, BPOE, 1797.

Images & Attachments



Related/Linked Records

Record Type Name
Historical Lusk High School History (1) View Record