Historical Details

Quilt Squares - The Big Ironclad Store at Silver Cliff

Courtesy of Library Archives, 01/09/2024

The Big Ironclad Store at Silver Cliff  was recreated as a quilt square by The Bag Ladies for their Historic Quilt in 2001.

This was the only building in the tent town of Silver Cliff located west of Lusk. the store had many supplies for the miners. On May 20, 1886, the first Lusk Herald was printed in one of the tents. J.K. Calkins was editor and publisher. This building might have housed a post office.

(Editor's note: The first business to be housed in the Iron Clad Store was Baker and Johnson Merchandise starting in 1887.)

Images & Attachments



Related/Linked Records

Record Type Name
Business Baker & Johnson Merchandise View Record
Historical Lusk's Oldest Building, the Iron-Clad Store View Record