Harry Eugene Vickory
Harry Vickory, Resident Here Since 1935, Dies
Funeral service was held at 2:00 p.m. Monday at the Peet Chapel for Harry Eugene Vickory, 80, who died August 24 at Natrona County Memorial Hospital in Casper.
The Rev. Robert Boutwell of the Congregational Church conducted the service. Mrs. A. F. DeCastro, organist, played "The Old Rugged Cross" and "Beyond the Sunset."
Casket bearers were Venus Kilmer, James Potter, Roscoe Kilmer, A. F. DeCastro, C. E. Marvin and Charles Vaughan. Burial was in the Lusk Cemetery.
Harry Eugene Vickory was born June 8, 1892 at Orchard, Neb. He attended school in Orchard and lived in various places in Nebraska before moving to Lusk in 1935. He was married to Anna Brown on August 28, 1913. In Lusk he was employed as a barber for a few years before he purchased the shop which he owned and operated until retirement in 1961.
Mr. and Mrs. Vickory continued to live in Lusk until two years ago when they moved to the Michael Manor Nursing Home in Douglas.
His parents, a brother, and a grandson died previously. Mr. Vickory is survived by his wife, Anna; a son Don of Englewood, Colo.; a daughter, Jean Solso of South San Francisco, Calif.; three sisters, Mrs. Clarence (Genevieve) Beck, Wayne, Neb., Mrs. Geraldine Mohr, Norfolk, Neb. and Mrs. John (Eva) Walmer, Royal, Neb. and two great-grandchildren.
Images & Attachments
|Obituary||Childs, L. M. (11/30/1878 - 01/29/1950)||View Record||Obituary||Childs, Margaret Dryer (12/10/1877 - 08/07/1961)||View Record||Obituary||Payne, Hugo (07/23/1894 - 11/30/1961)||View Record||Obituary||Payne, Edna (05/16/1888 - 10/04/1972)||View Record||Obituary||Tenney, James (02/27/1912 - 01/23/1976)||View Record||Obituary||Tenney, Dorothy (05/15/1915 - 01/18/1975)||View Record||Obituary||Tenney, Michelle (02/26/1946 - 07/29/1972)||View Record||Obituary||Vickory, Anna (09/21/1893 - 12/26/1974)||View Record||Obituary||Solso, Gary (07/28/1937 - 12/27/1960)||View Record||Obituary||Brown, James (11/30/-0001 - 12/25/1949)||View Record||Historical||Niobrara Country Club and Golf Course||View Record|