Nyle Leroy Tipton
SMALL CHILD DIES OF BURNS
Nyal Leroy Tipton, 10-months old son of Mr. and Mrs. Vern Tipton, of Harrison, Nebr., died shortly before midnight Monday from effects of being scalded earlier in the day.
A pan of boiling water had been placed on a chair to cool, and the child unknowingly reached up and pulled it over him. He was badly burned from under his chin down to his feet.
Dr. Reckling of Lusk was called, but was unable to leave immediately, so sent Miss Kitty Browder, his nurse, who was driven to Harrison by Geo. Trembley and Mrs. Florence Updike, who volunteered to go along in case the nurse needed assistance with the child.
After preliminary treatments, the child was rushed to the Lusk hospital, where arrangements were already under way to care for him. An oxygen tank was put into use, and every care possible was given to the infant, but he succumbed that evening.
The child was returned Tuesday to Harrison for burial, where it is survived by its parents and three other children. another baby died about two years ago.
Images & Attachments
|Obituary||Hall, Frank (01/16/1902 - 02/12/1973)||View Record||Obituary||Hall, Grace (07/28/1893 - 09/16/1991)||View Record||Obituary||Howard, Seth (11/30/-0001 - 11/08/1975)||View Record||Obituary||Tipton, Lula (03/17/1898 - 08/22/1975)||View Record||Obituary||Tipton, Seth (11/11/1889 - 07/25/1972)||View Record||Obituary||Tipton, Vernon (11/10/1901 - 05/22/1968)||View Record||Obituary||Tipton, Peggy (07/18/1936 - 01/21/1937)||View Record|