206 S Main
BANK OF LUSK TO MAKE MANY CHANGES
Lusk Standard, March 3, 1919
Our oldest banking institution is about to undergo a series of improvements, and within sixty days the interior will reflect an appearance not only pleasing to the eye, but a distinct credit to the institution. The Bank of Lusk, which came into existence over thirty years ago, being first started in a tent in the old town location, and has matured and expanded until today the reputation of this banking organization is a by-word.
Plans have been completed for the addition to the present building which will be extended to the alley, giving an interior 25x100 feet, new banking fixtures will be installed and the inside completely remodeled. The floor is to be of tile, and a marble wainscoting will run all around on each side. The fixtures also will be of marble, the lobby being large and equipped with check desks and settees along the side. The business office will be situated in the front of the building just off from the main lobby, and just off from this room a door opens into the cashier’s room and to the three teller’s cages.
A large double vault will be constructed to take the place of the present one which has become much too small for their present needs. Toward the rear will be a large rest room nicely and comfortably furnished, as well as a ladies’ room adjoining. There will also be private rooms for customers where business matters may be discussed, while in the rear of the building a large director’s room is provided. A full basement will be placed under the new addition and will be used for housing the heating plant as well as storing records.
Mr. Norris Hartwell, who has lately resigned his position as a cashier, and who will sever his connections with the bank next Tuesday, has been instrumental in building the institution up to its present high standard of efficiency. His place will be taken by Mr. H.A. Cross, who for the past 18 months has been assistant cashier of the Harrison State Bank, a man who has spent nearly all his life in the banking business and who comes to the Bank of Lusk very highly recommended. Prior to his engagement at Harrison he was interested in business at Gillet (Gillette) for several years. He came to Gillet (Gillette) fresh from a position with the Corn Belt Bank and Trust Company of Gregory, S.D. He was also with the Tennant Iowa Savings Bank and the City National Bank of Omaha. So Mr. Cross comes with a volume of experience to give the people of Lusk the best banking service possible.
The Bank of Lusk has also been very fortunate in obtaining the services of Mr. Kenneth A. Tidball for the position of assistant cashier. Mr. Tidball was formerly with the new Stock Grower’s Bank of Lander before entering the service of his Uncle Samuel. He was also with the Guernsey State Bank for over a year.
Mr. John Reppetol, who has just received his discharge from the army where he held a lieutenant’s commission in the Quartermaster’s Corps., has also been added to the staff as head bookkeeper, and makes a valuable addition to the organization.
President Reed feels very grateful to the people of Lusk and vicinity for the excellent and constantly increasing business tendered the Bank of Lusk and is showing his appreciation by the many new improvements now in progress, and the new additions to the working organization in order to give the patrons the very best of service.
The old front of the Bank of Lusk is being torn away this week to make room for erecting a more modern white terra cotta front wall which will be seventeen inches think, and which will extend entirely across the twenty-five feet frontage. W. J. Westfall designed the new front.
The Lusk Herald, September 12, 1919
This lot housed the Lusk State Bank from 1926 until 1983.
Robert E. Pfister, Attorney at Law occupied this space prior to Lickety Stitch Quilt Shop.
Businesses at This Property
|-||Lusk, Frank S.||-||Lickety Stitch Quilt Shop||02/14/1889 -||Lusk, Cornelia||Warranty Deed||08/08/1909 -||Bank of Lusk||Warranty Deed||05/06/1921 -||Erwin, C. W., et al||Agreement||05/12/1926 -||Lusk State Bank||Lusk State Bank||12/23/1982 -||Bankers Capital Corp.||Warranty Deed||10/18/1983 -||Law Office||Pfister, Robert E., et ux||01/26/2005 -||Trinity Property, LLC||Quit Claim Deed|
Images & Attachments
|Business||Bank: Lusk State Bank||View Record||Business||Lickety Stitch Quilt Shop||View Record|