Barbara (Best) Townsend

(December 24, 1926 - January 13, 2002)


The Lusk Herald
January, 2002


Barbara Best Townsend

Former Lusk resident, Barbara Best Townsend, died Jan. 13, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

She was the daughter of Bill Best, the builder and original owner of the Pioneer Court in Lusk, and a member of the Lusk High School Class of 1945. She attended the University of Wyoming and taught at the Universities of Memphis and Tennessee and in the Memphis School District.

After her retirement, she volunteered at the Memphis Humane Society, American Cancer Society, Orpheum Theatre, and Dixon Art Galleries. She was a member of the Hope and Woodland Presbyterian Churches.

Survivors included two sons, Neil Townsend of Memphis, Tenn., and Bill Townsend of Los Angeles, Calif., and a sister, Mary Moody, of San Antonio, Texas.

She was preceded in death by her husband, John Townsend, formerly of the University of Wyoming Athletic Department.




Related Genealogy Entries: 'Barbara (Best) Townsend'

No related entries available.


Related Historical Entries: 'Barbara (Best) Townsend'

No related entries available.






| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |


Genealogy Search

Type your search terms into the box below and his 'Search!' to begin searching the genealogy archives.




The Niobrara County Library Foundation, Inc. accepts online donations. Click to contribute via PayPal or credit/debit card.


Peruse our extensive genealogical archives, with entries sorted alphabetical by first and last name.
We are currently adding birth record information to the website, with entries sorted alphabetical by first and last name.
This resource provides an alphabetical listing of names, broken down by cemetery, of those buried in area cemeteries. This resource can assist you in locating the exact location of these grave sites.
Genealogy Links

Debbie Sturman, Director
425 South Main Street, P O Box 510
Lusk, WY 82225-0510
Phone: 307-334-3490
© 2014, Niobrara County Library